Sunday, December 22, 2013

12-9-13

Hi everyone! Sorry about the post drought. :( I have some stuff this week though, just little snippets from other emails

I was astounded to find out what the actual rules for tea were in the Church when I came out here. I used to be completely unsure, and just kinda thought that all tea was against the word of wisdom. Turns out I was wrong. You just need to watch out for black, green, white,  and onlong teas. They are all made from the actual 'tea plant'. As far as my experience with tea, I have always heard very good things about Camomile and Peppermint teas. They are supposed to help with colds. Also, Camomile tea is also supposed to help with relaxation and stomach problems, and peppermint is supposed to also help with diareah and headaches. (these are all health tips from Sister Kosak (Mission President's wife)) I have also heard very good things about the anti-bacterial qualities of lemon juice and honey. Sometimes, I mix Camomile and Peppermint tea in one cup, and then put in honey and lemon juice. I keep changing the name of it, but I call it things like 'destructo tea, ulti-tea, tea of doom, etc.' I feel like it's helped with snipping a cold in the bud, and it actually tastes pretty good. :)

The German here sounds a little different, but not really. -shrug- Though there are little things. Like how in the South-East (Sachsen, Brandenburg, etc.) they say 'bissel' instead of 'bisschen', and here, as a greeting they say 'moin' or 'moin moin'. (I think that started out as a shortened version of 'guten morgen' shortened to 'morgen' shortened to 'moin', and then, in this area, they started using that as a general greeting, instead of just in the morning. Sometimes, in other areas of Germany, you will occasionally hear 'moin' as a form of 'good morning/guten morgen', but only ever when it's actually morning.)

Side note, I have been transfered to Hamburg, Altona Ward. It is great here. We even got some snow for a little before it melted the next day. :P 

God bless you. I challenge you all to let go of the 'flaxen cords' with which the adversary would bind you. The little things that would pull you away. You can always let go. You are free. Christ, through His Sacrifice, has made it possible. He loves us. Of these things I bear testimony, in the name of the Good Shepherd, even Jesus Christ, amen. :)

Have a great week! Love you all!

- Elder Michael Bright Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment