Sunday, December 22, 2013

12-16-13


Oh, on that note, I have been needed for translating for the Americans in our Ward the last few weeks. It is so hard! I am sitting there, trying to listen to the speaker, not hearing everything they say, having to wait until the end of the sentances (some of which are -very-  run-on) before I hear the verb (which belongs at the end of the German sentance in most cases, but is needed for the beginning of the English sentances), and getting tangled up by the more complex and obscure words. Then as I understand one part, and begin translating it, trying to find the English equivlants, I have to put in large mental effort to keep paying attention to what is said, or I would only be able to convey every other idea to the listeners, switching between listening and translating... such a challenge... I would love to translate from German to English so much more... That way you understand everything that is said (in your native language, you understand most accents, mumbled or quickly said words are still easily understandable, and almost none of the words are new or undefined in your vocab), and then are able to express it with the words you know in the other language. Would be so much nicer...

The other day, the Sisters who work in our area talked to a man on the street. He expressed a surprising amount of interest to their brief intro of our message. They gave him a Book of Mormon in his native language, and invited him to Church, not sure what would come of it. (We do a lot of inviting to Church, and don't often see all of the peoople we invite actually at Church, and usually only after we have had some appointments with them and really had the chance to teach them.) This man, after his brief introduction, had begun reading in the Book of Mormon of his own initiative, and came to Church. We were happy to recieve him and will be meeting with him this week to start teaching him. :)

Our God is a God of miracles. :)

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas season, and a receptive mind for the wonderful focus and reminders we have during the CHRIST-mas time. :)

Another random thought I have been processing a lot this last week. I have been working on reacting to others as I would treat Jesus Christ. Especially under the context that He has to experience every way that I interact with others. I really am doing what I do not only to the individual, but also to Christ, He having experienced their lives in full during the Atonement. It has been helping me a lot to treat others better. (when I can remember it. :P ) I can recommend it. :)

God bless you and be with you. Stay in the Light, and let your good desires work in you. :)

Love you. :)

-Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment